Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship for Japanese Studies
The Japanese Government is offering scholarship for foreign students interested to take up Japanese studies. To date, there are over 9,000 foreign students studying in Japan under this scholarship grant.
Mar 11, 2014
Those wishing to apply for a scholarship should meet one of the criteria below:
- Recommended by a Japanese embassy or consulate general (Embassy Recommendation)
- Recommended by the Japanese university which will accept you (University recommendation)
- Selected by the Japanese university in which you are currently enrolled if you are a privately-financed student already studying in Japan (Domestic selection).
- Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries. Students majoring in the fields other than Japanese language or Japanese culture who wish to study various aspects of Japan( engineering, economy, agriculture, architecture, art, etc.)as part of their major studies should apply to the JASSO for admission to the Short-term Student Exchange Promotion Program.
- Japanese studies
How to Apply
- Download, fill out and submit application forms. Click here to download forms.
- Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed (to happen in March)
- Results will be released in August
Contact InfoNo.11 Persiaran Stonor, Off Jalan Tun Razak,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia