- be a Malaysian national or a Malaysian resident with a valid passport
- begin undergraduate or postgraduate study outside Malaysia in 2011
- expected to attend a higher education institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements
- take an IELTS exam at a British Council IELTS centre after 1 February 2011
- have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum overall band score of 6.5.
- be willing to attend a panel interview and assessment
- be able to provide an original copy of the acceptance letter from the higher educational institution they have applied for.
Download and complete the application form. Send the completed forms and all relevant documents to:
British Council IELTS Scholarship
Ground Floor, West Block, Wisma Selangor Dredging
142C, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Or email to:
31 July 2011
For more information, please visit